Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Felted Sweater Bubbles

Yay! It worked! I was a little worried that I had spaced the bubbles too close together. Since I had already felted a piece of this sweater successfully I thought the only problem would be if there wasn't enough felted wool between the bubbles to make it stable. It took just as long to remove the buttons as it did to elastic them in. I'm thinking of using it for the brim of a hat. I'll back it with another layer of felt and needle felt them together to make it stiffer. Other projects are moving ahead but my plan is to make gingerbread cookies today. It's a dreary day here and I'm hoping the scent of gingerbread will make up for the lack of sun.

2 comments:

Lora said...

so cool. Great technique. Could be some kind of fantastic dragon creature???

Jody Bishel said...

That's a great idea! I'm working on a totally wild hat and I'm thinking of using some of it for that.